Staff Correspondent: Expatriate Bangladeshis sent US$ 1,555.22
million remittances in November of the current fiscal 2019-20, which is
apparently 31.75 percent higher than the same month of the preceding year, according to a Bangladesh Bank (BB) data.
The country received $1,180.44 million remittances during the month of
November in 2018-19 financial year, the data added.
According to the BB data, expatriate Bangladeshis sent $ 7,714.19 million remittances during the first five months of the current fiscal 2019-20.
During the month of October, the country received $1,639.62 million while $1,476.91 million in September, $1,444.75 million in August and $1,597.69 million in July of the fiscal 2019-20.
But in 2018-19, the country got $1,239.11 million in October, $1,139.66 million in September, $1,411.05 million in August and $1,318.18 million in July.
- Money laundering threatening country’s economy, security
- SME generates 80 pc of industrial employment
- Country’s forex reserve stands $31.90b
- Narayanganj to get metro link
- 166 recruitment agencies shut after Saudi abuse claims
- Deals signed to build mega fertiliser factory
- Growing mustard field raises farmers’ hope
- Govt to receive $8.5b foreign loan in FY 20
- Syndicate sucks Tk 20 cr daily as toll from transports
- Situation demands global unity against climate change: PM