Gopalganj Correspondent: President Md Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit Tungipara of Gopalganj on today marking the National Mourning Day and 44th death anniversary of father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur.
A faxed message, signed by Prime Minister’s APS-I Kazi Nishat Rasul sent to Gopalganj Deputy Commissioner, confirmed the matter.
President and Prime Minister will place wreaths at Bangabandhu’s mausoleum premises in Tungipara of Gopalganj at 10:00am today.
Meanwhile, a smartly turned out contingent drawn from the three forces will give a guard of honor to the President and the premier. Later, the Prime Minister will offer Fateha and special munajat.
- NGOs impeding’ Rohingya repatriation, Says Govt
- Dhaka seeks strong global response to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Govt borrows Tk 230b from banks in 35 days
- Saudi firm looks to invest in BD’s port infrastructure
- UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution
- BTRC, NBR accounts of online advertising by telcos differ massively
- Gold set for worst week in nearly 5 months
- 90m cubic feet of gas caught in system loss
- 24,735 hajis return home
- Tanners agree to pay dues in three phases