Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina received her first dose of the coronavirus vaccine yesterday afternoon.
MM Imrul Kayesher, assistant press secretary of the premier, confirmed this.
Bangladesh on January 27 began coronavirus vaccination programme, and launched the same nationwide on February 7.
The country, however, recorded 5,48,549 coronavirus cases and 8,435 deaths from the virus till yesterday since it first reported COVID-19 cases on March 8, 2020.
- Hasina places 4 suggestions to deal with climate challenge
- Cry for oxygen cylinders
- Nothing to worry about vaccine stock
- Metrorail coach placed on the railway track
- Pandemic incentives released for health workers
- PM allocates Tk 10.50cr for affected poor
- Govt trying to bring vaccines from other countries as well
- Education sector is highest victim of virus pandemic
- MoU signed to import rice from Thailand
- Poor to get priority in next budget: Kamal