Staff Correspondent: The government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is giving priority to women empowerment, Planning Minister MA Mannan said yesterday.
“She’s giving top priority to women education and their empowerment,” he told an alumni programme of Home Economics College on its campus in Dhaka.
“The Prime Minister has also directed us to give same priority to men and women in various fields,” Mannan added.
He said that the Prime Minister has ordered making equal seat allocation in residential halls of education institutions for girls and boys.
Professor Ismat Rumina, principal of the college, said there was a shortage of seats at residential halls of the institute. “Students, particularly those from outside Dhaka, are suffering,” she said. Salma Jahan, Joint Secretary of Secondary and Higher Education Department, urged all alumni to come forward to help poor students.
- NGOs impeding’ Rohingya repatriation, Says Govt
- Dhaka seeks strong global response to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Govt borrows Tk 230b from banks in 35 days
- Saudi firm looks to invest in BD’s port infrastructure
- UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution
- BTRC, NBR accounts of online advertising by telcos differ massively
- Gold set for worst week in nearly 5 months
- 90m cubic feet of gas caught in system loss
- 24,735 hajis return home
- Tanners agree to pay dues in three phases