Staff Correspondent: Parts of the Dhaka Elevated Expressway (airport to Mogbazar) will be opened after the second phase of the public-private partnership project finishes, Road Transport Minister Obaidul Quader said yesterday.
He said the first phase of the PPP project from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to the Banani Railway Station will be completed by June this year. The second phase (from Banani Rail Station to Mogbazar rail crossing) of the construction work is expected to be finished in July next year.
In the third phase, the expressway will connect Mogbazar railway crossing to Kutubkhali of Dhaka-Chattogram Highway. It will be finished by September 2021, he told reporters after visiting the project site at Kawla, adjacent to Dhaka airport.
He claimed 50 percent work of the first phase is complete, while the overall progress of the project is 20 percent.
The 20km Dhaka Elevated Expressway has a budget of Tk8,940.18 crores. It will start from Shahjalal Airport and end at Kutubkhali on Dhaka-Chattogram Highway via Kuril-Banani-Mohakhali-Tejgaon-Magbazar-Kamalapur-Sayedabad-Jatrabari.
PPP Project Director AHM Shakhawat Akhtar, Sakasith Swanagar, manager of Italian Thai Development Public Company Limited and other officials were present during the project visit.
- Milk Vita asked to recover 4,000 acres pasture grabbed land immediately
- Hasina warns against corruption in projects
- Industrial credit declines by 10.19 pc
- Women lead in taking agent banking service
- IAEA, FAO, WHO joint team to help BD to control Aedes mosquitoes
- NBR exempts Muhith from tax on imported cars
- Old Dhaka likely to get 120,000 prepaid gas metres
- Dhaka, Delhi working on formulas to share 54 common river water
- 26 cos intent to generate Tk 1502.86 cr new fund from secondary market
- DNCC launches combing operation to tackle dengue