Staff Correspondent: Parts of the Dhaka Elevated Expressway (airport to Mogbazar) will be opened after the second phase of the public-private partnership project finishes, Road Transport Minister Obaidul Quader said yesterday.
He said the first phase of the PPP project from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to the Banani Railway Station will be completed by June this year. The second phase (from Banani Rail Station to Mogbazar rail crossing) of the construction work is expected to be finished in July next year.
In the third phase, the expressway will connect Mogbazar railway crossing to Kutubkhali of Dhaka-Chattogram Highway. It will be finished by September 2021, he told reporters after visiting the project site at Kawla, adjacent to Dhaka airport.
He claimed 50 percent work of the first phase is complete, while the overall progress of the project is 20 percent.
The 20km Dhaka Elevated Expressway has a budget of Tk8,940.18 crores. It will start from Shahjalal Airport and end at Kutubkhali on Dhaka-Chattogram Highway via Kuril-Banani-Mohakhali-Tejgaon-Magbazar-Kamalapur-Sayedabad-Jatrabari.
PPP Project Director AHM Shakhawat Akhtar, Sakasith Swanagar, manager of Italian Thai Development Public Company Limited and other officials were present during the project visit.
- TCB set to start selling Ramadan essentials today
- Artificial crab cultivation can boost export earnings
- Take immediate steps in risky buildings
- Bumper mango output expected in Rangpur
- 11th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- Ensure good governance in industries to increase productivity: Halim
- Bangladesh-Brunei sign seven MoUs
- Bangladesh to remain important source of workers for Malaysia
- Bangladesh forms €50m low-cost safer RMG fund
- Goodbye Jet Airways?