Staff Correspondent: China-Bangladesh joint venture company M/s. Golden Ocean Limited will invest US$ 1.46 million to establish a Garments Accessories industry in Ishwardi Export Processing Zone.
This company will produce annually 65 million yards of Elastic, Ribbon, Shoelaces, Folder Elastic and Jacquard Elastic. M/s Golden Ocean will create employment opportunity for 92 Bangladeshi nationals.
An agreement to this effect signed between the Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) and M/s Golden Ocean Limited at BEPZA Complex, Dhaka yesterday. Zillur Rahman ndc, Member (Investment Promotion) of BEPZA and Amin Nargis, Director of M/s. Golden Ocean Limited signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations.
Major General S M Salahuddin Islam, BP, SPP, ndc, psc, Executive Chairman, Mohammad Faruque Alam, Member (Engineering), Nazma Binte Alamgir, General Manager (Public Relations), Md. Tanvir Hossain, General Manager (Investment Promotion) of BEPZA were present at the signing ceremony.
- Money laundering threatening country’s economy, security
- SME generates 80 pc of industrial employment
- Country’s forex reserve stands $31.90b
- Narayanganj to get metro link
- 166 recruitment agencies shut after Saudi abuse claims
- Deals signed to build mega fertiliser factory
- Growing mustard field raises farmers’ hope
- Govt to receive $8.5b foreign loan in FY 20
- Syndicate sucks Tk 20 cr daily as toll from transports
- Situation demands global unity against climate change: PM