Sports Reporter: Bangladesh have achieved comprehensive series whitewash across all three formats against Zimbabwe in this home season after they beat the visitors in the second and last T20 International by 9 wickets yesterday.
Team Tigers reached the Zimbabwe-set 119-run target with 25 balls remaining at the Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur.
Earlier in the day, Bangladesh won the toss and elected field first against Zimbabwe in the match. Bangladesh bowlers restricted Zimbabwe to 119 for seven though Brendan Taylor scored unbeaten 59 off 48 balls.
Al-Amin and Mustafizur Rahman bagged two wickets each.
Earlier Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 123 runs in their third one-day international to complete a 3-0 sweep in the three-match series in Sylhet on March 6 They also won the only Test against the visitors by an innings and 106 runs in Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka on February 25.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed