International Desk: More than 377,300 people have been infected by the novel coronavirus across the world and 17,820 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
Infections have been reported by 194 countries outside China.
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy rose by 602 on Monday, the smallest increase for four days, while the number of new cases also slowed.
Spain has nearly 4,000 health workers infected, more than one in 10 of total confirmed cases.
Several more US governors joined the procession of states ordering millions of Americans to stay at home to slow the spread of the coronavirus, while President Trump signalled he’s considering a move in the opposite direction.
- Contribution of marginal people must for attaining 8.2 pc GDP
- Submit report on expat workers to cabinet
- Death from non- communicable diseases on rise
- Mongla Port earns Tk 115 cr profit
- Ferry services on Shimulia-Kathalbari route suspended
- Loan default rule relaxed until December
- Rohingya, water sharing issues to feature BD-India JCC meet
- Govt plans to close 94 poor power plants by ‘30
- Aid commitment drops by 75pc
- Banking Commission needs urgently to reduce grafts