International Desk: More than 377,300 people have been infected by the novel coronavirus across the world and 17,820 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
Infections have been reported by 194 countries outside China.
The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy rose by 602 on Monday, the smallest increase for four days, while the number of new cases also slowed.
Spain has nearly 4,000 health workers infected, more than one in 10 of total confirmed cases.
Several more US governors joined the procession of states ordering millions of Americans to stay at home to slow the spread of the coronavirus, while President Trump signalled he’s considering a move in the opposite direction.
- Cry for food in houses
- PM directs providing food aid to the poor
- BB asks banks to support BD stuck abroad
- Media and govt will work closely to combat corona
- If society rots, we none can save us
- Cleaning workers may be silent carriers of COVID-19
- BB asks banks to release forex of travelers’ cards
- RMG gets good news amid corona epidemic
- Mirpur stadium can be used as hospital: BCB
- Lockdown disrupts supply chain of essential goods