Munshiganj Correspondent: US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller visited construction site of the Padma Bridge at Maoa Construction Yard in Louhajong upazila of the district.
Earl R Miller went to the site by a sea boat from Kathalbari ghat of Madaripur while returning from Gopalganj yesterday.
Earl R Miller’s wife Adeleman accompanied him during his tour to the construction site of the bridge.
Padma Bridge Project Director Shafiqul Islam, Executive Engineer of Padma Bridge (Core) Dewan Abdul Quader, associated engineers and the staff were present among others there.
Earl R Miller left the site for Dhaka at 2: 40 pm, Public Relations Officer of Bridge Division Sheikh Walid Faiz told.
US envoy went to Tungipara Upazila of Gopalganj to pay tribute to Mausoleum of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman around 4: 30 pm on August 1.
- Money laundering threatening country’s economy, security
- SME generates 80 pc of industrial employment
- Country’s forex reserve stands $31.90b
- Narayanganj to get metro link
- 166 recruitment agencies shut after Saudi abuse claims
- Deals signed to build mega fertiliser factory
- Growing mustard field raises farmers’ hope
- Govt to receive $8.5b foreign loan in FY 20
- Syndicate sucks Tk 20 cr daily as toll from transports
- Situation demands global unity against climate change: PM