Rajshahi Bureau: US Ambassador in Bangladesh Earl R Miller has found similarity between USA’s Michigan state and Rajshahi city.
The Ambassador revealed this while talking to journalists after making a courtesy call on Rajshahi Mayor AHM Khairuzzaman Liton at the latter’s city bhaban office yesterday.
In the meeting, Ambassador Miller discussed promotion of the US educational and cultural exchanges, economic engagement and law enforcement cooperation in the region.
“We have seen many similarities between Michigan and Rajshahi and there are ample scopes of importing and exporting many goods,” he added.
He said Bangladesh is now one of the two top-ranking countries in the world which are sending university students to the USA for post-graduation, PhD and Hard Science degrees. That’s why importance has been given on how to send more Bangladeshi students to the US and the US students can come to Bangladesh.
“Attention has also been given on how to additional investment for studies of the faculties and teachers under the sister series programme” Millar said.
Later the US Ambassador attended the opening ceremony of Student Leadership Development Workshops hosted by Rajshahi Metropolitan Police (RMP) in association with the US Embassy at Hotel Warisan in Rajshahi city. He also visited the Victim Support Center at RMP Headquarters to see for himself its activities.
- Hasina places 4 suggestions to deal with climate challenge
- Cry for oxygen cylinders
- Nothing to worry about vaccine stock
- Metrorail coach placed on the railway track
- Pandemic incentives released for health workers
- PM allocates Tk 10.50cr for affected poor
- Govt trying to bring vaccines from other countries as well
- Education sector is highest victim of virus pandemic
- MoU signed to import rice from Thailand
- Poor to get priority in next budget: Kamal