Narail Correspondent: Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon yesterday said tourism industry is playing a special role in the country’s national income as the industry is one the major sources of foreign currency earning and employment generation. “Tourists from different countries come to Bangladesh for visiting several historically important and attractive spots. So, tourism is playing vital role to create employment in the tour operators, travel agents, hotels, motels, theme parks and airlines sectors,” he said.
The minister was speaking as the chief guest at the inaugural session of the “Boat Race Competition” at the Modhumoti River under Kalia Upazila in the district. Kalia Upazila Parishad Chairman Khan Shamim Rahman presided over the function. Among others, Lawmaker of Narail-2 Advocate Sheikh Hafizur Rahman, Director of the Tourism Board Nikhil Ranjan Roy were also present the function.
- Failure of revenue collection forces govt to borrow further
- e-governance service starts journey
- PM orders not to set up industries in Sonadia
- BB resumes selling of US$ to banks after month
- Govt targets to reduce time of import, export
- Potato starch based warp yarn sizing
- 4 killed in clash over FB post in Bhola
- Widespread allegation against Hajj agencies
- e-filing plan still in nightmare
- A touch of Autumn in the air