Narail Correspondent: Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon yesterday said tourism industry is playing a special role in the country’s national income as the industry is one the major sources of foreign currency earning and employment generation. “Tourists from different countries come to Bangladesh for visiting several historically important and attractive spots. So, tourism is playing vital role to create employment in the tour operators, travel agents, hotels, motels, theme parks and airlines sectors,” he said.
The minister was speaking as the chief guest at the inaugural session of the “Boat Race Competition” at the Modhumoti River under Kalia Upazila in the district. Kalia Upazila Parishad Chairman Khan Shamim Rahman presided over the function. Among others, Lawmaker of Narail-2 Advocate Sheikh Hafizur Rahman, Director of the Tourism Board Nikhil Ranjan Roy were also present the function.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration