Staff Correspondent: State-owned Trading Corporation of Bangladesh (TCB) will start selling three essentials at a subsidised rate across the country today for the convenience of people during Ramadan.
The three essentials are soyabean oil, pulse and sugar.
TCB information officer Humayun Kabir told that they have completed all the preparations to start the sale.
“We’ll start selling essentials across the country, including the capital, on Tuesday at lower prices compared to those at the retail markets,” he said.
The TCB spokesperson said they will sell around 1500 metric tonnes of chickpea and 100 metric tonnes of dates this year in Ramadan.
“We sell oil and sugar round the year. So, we’ve enough stock of these items. However, we’ll come up with details about the essentials, including their prices, later.”
Humayun Kabir further said, “We’ve the stock of oil and lentils two or three times more than that of the dealers’ demand. Hope, customers will get products as per their requirement.
The sale will continue till the last day of Ramadan.”
Under the Open Market Sale (OMS) initiative, the TCB usually distributes five essentials — soybean oil, sugar, red lentils, grams and dates — during Ramadan.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration