Staff Correspondent: Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal yesterday said that the initiatives will be taken for expanding country’s tourism sector and increase the number of foreign tourists. “I will discuss with the Planning Minister about increasing budget and expanding the tourism sector as our budget is inadequate”, said the newly appointed minister at secretariat while being greeted by Aviation and Tourism Journalists’ Forum of Bangladesh (ATJFB).
Expressing his optimistic view the minister said that “we will take proper steps for attracting foreign tourists to our tourism spots.”
“The number of foreign tourists has decreased recently for some terrorist attacks but now we will give them full opportunity and security to visit our country”, minister added.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister