Staff Correspondent: Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal yesterday said that the initiatives will be taken for expanding country’s tourism sector and increase the number of foreign tourists. “I will discuss with the Planning Minister about increasing budget and expanding the tourism sector as our budget is inadequate”, said the newly appointed minister at secretariat while being greeted by Aviation and Tourism Journalists’ Forum of Bangladesh (ATJFB).
Expressing his optimistic view the minister said that “we will take proper steps for attracting foreign tourists to our tourism spots.”
“The number of foreign tourists has decreased recently for some terrorist attacks but now we will give them full opportunity and security to visit our country”, minister added.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months