Staff Correspondent: Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal yesterday said that the initiatives will be taken for expanding country’s tourism sector and increase the number of foreign tourists. “I will discuss with the Planning Minister about increasing budget and expanding the tourism sector as our budget is inadequate”, said the newly appointed minister at secretariat while being greeted by Aviation and Tourism Journalists’ Forum of Bangladesh (ATJFB).
Expressing his optimistic view the minister said that “we will take proper steps for attracting foreign tourists to our tourism spots.”
“The number of foreign tourists has decreased recently for some terrorist attacks but now we will give them full opportunity and security to visit our country”, minister added.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC