Special Correspondent: Pahela Falgun, the first day of spring was celebrated amid cheerful moments with flowers, poems, songs and dances. Basically it brings joys and colours both in nature and mind.
Colourful flowers, melody of birds or a mild touch of the sunshine – everything will make you feel that springtime is nature’s festival.
The trees will shed their leaves to dress in new ones while flowers will decorate the green to announce the arrival of a new Bengali year.
Festivity kicked off right from the start of the season as the capital’s Shahbagh, Charukola, TSC, Public Library and other areas had joined in celebration. Men and women clad in colourful dresses joined processions welcoming the advent of Spring with songs and dances at Charukola’s Bakultola at Dhaka University around 7am.
A vibrant rally set out from there later in the morning.
The entire DU campus and on the Ekushey Boi Mela premises became the best places to hang out with friends, family members and beloved ones.
Pahela Falgun brings joy, colour and hope not only in nature, but also in the lives and minds of people of all ages.
Jatiya Bashanta Utsab Udjapan Parishad arranged the main programmes of the day like every year.
- TCB set to start selling Ramadan essentials today
- Artificial crab cultivation can boost export earnings
- Take immediate steps in risky buildings
- Bumper mango output expected in Rangpur
- 11th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- Ensure good governance in industries to increase productivity: Halim
- Bangladesh-Brunei sign seven MoUs
- Bangladesh to remain important source of workers for Malaysia
- Bangladesh forms €50m low-cost safer RMG fund
- Goodbye Jet Airways?