Staff Correspondent: The Social Islami Bank Limited (SIBL), a renowned second generation bank of the country, has registered positive growth in earning operating profit in just concluded calendar year 2018 from its previous year. Talking to the Daily Industry on Tuesday, Md. Humayun Kabir Fakir, Senior Executive Officer and head of Marketing, Branding and Communication of SIBL told that his bank’s operational profit stood at Tk 668 crore in 2018 against Tk 654 crore of 2017.
SIBL is playing a vital role for expanding financial inclusion across the country through its 155 branches, said Fakir adding the authorities concerned are determined to promote rural economy with a view to reducing economic disparity.
SIBL works as an Islamic participatory commercial bank with human face approach to credit and banking on the profit and loss sharing. The bank offers most up-to-date banking services through opening of various types of deposit and investment accounts, financing trade, providing letters of guarantee, opening letters of credit, collection of bills, leasing of equipment and consumers’ durable, hire purchase and installment sale for capital goods, investment in low-cost housing and management of real estates, participatory investment in various industrial, agricultural, transport, educational and health projects, Fakir added.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister