Staff Correspondent: The Social Islami Bank Limited (SIBL), a renowned second generation bank of the country, has registered positive growth in earning operating profit in just concluded calendar year 2018 from its previous year. Talking to the Daily Industry on Tuesday, Md. Humayun Kabir Fakir, Senior Executive Officer and head of Marketing, Branding and Communication of SIBL told that his bank’s operational profit stood at Tk 668 crore in 2018 against Tk 654 crore of 2017.
SIBL is playing a vital role for expanding financial inclusion across the country through its 155 branches, said Fakir adding the authorities concerned are determined to promote rural economy with a view to reducing economic disparity.
SIBL works as an Islamic participatory commercial bank with human face approach to credit and banking on the profit and loss sharing. The bank offers most up-to-date banking services through opening of various types of deposit and investment accounts, financing trade, providing letters of guarantee, opening letters of credit, collection of bills, leasing of equipment and consumers’ durable, hire purchase and installment sale for capital goods, investment in low-cost housing and management of real estates, participatory investment in various industrial, agricultural, transport, educational and health projects, Fakir added.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC