Staff Correspondent: Ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has regained the top spot in the men’s ODI rankings of all-rounders following his return from a one-year suspension from cricket.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) updated the rankings after the three-match ODI series between Pakistan and Zimbabwe had been over. Mohammad Nabi, who was previously the top ODI all-rounder, has been demoted to the second position. Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, and Imad Wasim are the all-rounders named third, fourth, and fifth in the list.
Shakib was ranked first in the list when he was banned by the ICC for breaching its code of conduct. He was third and second respectively in Tests and T20Is.
The ICC will update the rankings of all-rounders of those two formats after the completion of the next Test and T20I series. The southpaw is supposed to return to competitive cricket through the Bangabandhu T20 Cup which is scheduled to take place this month.
- Malaysian labour market uncertain for syndicate
- ACC gets new chairman commissioner
- Graduation from LDC will create more opportunities
- Covid brought under control with united efforts: PM
- Jaishankar arrives today to deepen BD-India ties
- $58 m PPP project approves for Patenga Container terminal
- New power system master plan unlikely this year
- BD to import 550,000 mt of rice to boost stock
- Govt targets $30b annual remittance
- JS body for building satellite city in Dhaka