Staff Correspondent: “The central bank has removed from the bank board according to the power of bank company act”
Bangladesh Bank has removed the Chairman of One Bank Limited, Sayeed Hossain Chowdhury from the board for defaulting loan.
Md Serajul Islam, a spokesperson of the central bank confirmed yesterday. “The central bank has removed from the bank board according to the power of bank company act for defaulting loan of the company,” Sherajul Islam said.
The removal of Sayeed Hossain Chowdhury, brother of Awami League leader Saber Hossain Chowdhury, will be applicable from October 15, 2019, the day he appealed to the High Court seeking stay order for not being a defaulter.
Sayeed Hossain Chowdhury, who is also the chairman of HRC group, has over Tk 121 crore default loan to the Standard Bank.
- Bangladesh’s cases surpass 2.6 lakh
- RAB raids ex-home minister’s hospital in Gazipur
- Govt asks admin on wearing masks
- Govt’s main goal to ensure vaccine first
- Panam City restoration work to begin soon
- PM asks authorities to prepare for long floods
- 10 lakh saplings to be planted on river banks
- India registers Jamdani as their product
- Financial institutions must craft strategic response
- Tk 266 cr of Tk 3,000 cr disbursed in 3.5 months among low-income group