Gazipur Correspondent: A mobile court is conducting a raid at former home minister Dr Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir’s hospital – City Medical College and Hospital – in Gazipur yesterday on evidence of various irregularities.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) Executive Magistrate Sarwoer Alam confirmed the matter.
A task force formed by the Ministry of Health conducted the operation this afternoon with the help of RAB.
According to the operation, the lab of the hospital is not approved by the regulators. Besides, there are various mismanagements and irregularities in the hospital. The 500-bed hospital was running reportedly without any authorisation for past six years. They also started treating Covid-19 patients from mid-June this year opening a 100-bed Coronavirus unit. However, they closed the unit after seeing the raid in Regent Hospital.
- We must prioritise a green Covid recovery: PM
- Nation on high risk
- Bangladesh faces Tk 237 b gap in microfinance supply
- Consultant hiring delays Matarbari LNG terminal
- Service income hits $992 m in 2-month
- Tk 338 cr project planned for digital land zoning
- N-95 mask scammer JMI chairman Razzak held
- Apparels destroying Asian rivers
- Demo for auto-renewal of Saudi visa, return tickets in Dhaka
- Bangladeshis among 113 migrants held in Slovenia