Staff Correspondent: The government has decided to distribute 7,20,09,373 books for free among the primary level students (3rd, 4th, and 5th class) both Bengali and English versions for the 2021 academic year.
It is learned that a procurement proposal in this regard will be presented for approval at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Public Procurement chaired by Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal yesterday. Relevant sources said that the total expense has been estimated at Tk 132 crore 41 lakh 51 thousand 746 for the distribution of these books. Printing and supplying companies will supply these books in 98 lots through open tenders.
The National Curriculum and Textbook Board of the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education has been distributing free textbooks to all students of Primary, Ebtedayee, Dakhil, Secondary and technical levels on January 1 every year.
Open tenders are called by the National Curriculum and Textbook Board for printing, binding, and supplying books to upazila level.
It has been learned that in order to distribute the desired textbook to each student in a timely manner, considering the location of the upazila and district, the printing, binding, and supply work has been divided into 98 lots for supplying those books smoothly and easily.
The issue will be presented to the Cabinet Committee on Public Procurement for approval to hand over books on time among students.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed