Staff Correspondent: The government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is giving priority to women empowerment, Planning Minister MA Mannan said yesterday.
“She’s giving top priority to women education and their empowerment,” he told an alumni programme of Home Economics College on its campus in Dhaka.
“The Prime Minister has also directed us to give same priority to men and women in various fields,” Mannan added.
He said that the Prime Minister has ordered making equal seat allocation in residential halls of education institutions for girls and boys.
Professor Ismat Rumina, principal of the college, said there was a shortage of seats at residential halls of the institute. “Students, particularly those from outside Dhaka, are suffering,” she said. Salma Jahan, Joint Secretary of Secondary and Higher Education Department, urged all alumni to come forward to help poor students.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister