Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday paid homage to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of forming her government for the third consecutive term.
Sheikh Hasina paid tributes to Bangabandhu by placing a wreath at his portrait in front of Bangabandhu Bhaban at Dhanmondi last morning, a day after she took oath as the prime minister for the record fourth time.
After laying the wreath, she stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by the new cabinet colleagues, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League (AL) president, placed another wreath at Bangabandhu’s portrait as the party chief.
Advisers to the prime minister, Jatiya Sangsad chief whip, whips, AL parliament members and central leaders of the party were also present on the occasion.
The prime minister and her new cabinet colleagues will later go to National Memorial at Savar to pay tributes to the Liberation War martyrs.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC