Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday paid homage to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of forming her government for the third consecutive term.
Sheikh Hasina paid tributes to Bangabandhu by placing a wreath at his portrait in front of Bangabandhu Bhaban at Dhanmondi last morning, a day after she took oath as the prime minister for the record fourth time.
After laying the wreath, she stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by the new cabinet colleagues, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League (AL) president, placed another wreath at Bangabandhu’s portrait as the party chief.
Advisers to the prime minister, Jatiya Sangsad chief whip, whips, AL parliament members and central leaders of the party were also present on the occasion.
The prime minister and her new cabinet colleagues will later go to National Memorial at Savar to pay tributes to the Liberation War martyrs.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months