Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday paid homage to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on the occasion of forming her government for the third consecutive term.
Sheikh Hasina paid tributes to Bangabandhu by placing a wreath at his portrait in front of Bangabandhu Bhaban at Dhanmondi last morning, a day after she took oath as the prime minister for the record fourth time.
After laying the wreath, she stood in solemn silence for some time as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, the architect of independence.
Flanked by the new cabinet colleagues, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League (AL) president, placed another wreath at Bangabandhu’s portrait as the party chief.
Advisers to the prime minister, Jatiya Sangsad chief whip, whips, AL parliament members and central leaders of the party were also present on the occasion.
The prime minister and her new cabinet colleagues will later go to National Memorial at Savar to pay tributes to the Liberation War martyrs.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister