Industry Desk: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday exchanged pleasantries with Indian National Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
They exchanged greetings when Sonia Gandhi paid a courtesy call on the premier at Hotel Taj Mahal.
The two leaders recalled their old memories during the meeting, PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told the media after the meeting.
Sheikh Hasina also recalled the contribution of India during the Liberation War of Bangladesh in 1971.
The premier congratulated Priyanka Gandhi, who accompanied her mother, on her joining politics. Former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was also present at the meeting.
The prime minister invited Sonia Gandhi to visit Bangladesh.
Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen, State Minister of Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam, Sheikh Helal Uddin, MP, and PM’s Principal Secretary Md Nojibur Rahman were present on the occasion.
The premier came to India on October 3 on a four-day official visit to join the Indian Economic Summit of the World Economic Forum (WEF) and hold bilateral talks with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Use of plastic bag raises 17th times after imposing ban
- PM vows to make railway profitable
- Pvt sector credit growth hits 9-yr low in August
- Indo-Bangla relations veering towards Tripura
- BD ranks 88th on hunger index
- Power sector subsidy rose thirty times in a decade
- Hajj apps on cards
- Casinos’ black money great threat for country’s economy
- 12,000 Bangladeshi strawberry pickers face deadly risks in Greece
- PM opens Bhulta Flyover Mymensingh Banar Bridge