Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived yesterday morning wrapping up her four-day bilateral visit to Italy.
A flight of Emirates Airlines carrying the Prime Minister that departed Milan Malpensa International Airport at 1:45pm Italy time reached Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 8am. On Tuesday last, the Prime Minister went to Rome at the invitation of Italian counterpart Giuseppe Conte. During her stay in Rome, Sheikh Hasina had talks with Conte on Wednesday where both the leaders agreed to take the relations of the two countries to a new height increasing trade and business.
Besides, the Prime Minister attended a civic reception accorded in her honour, which was arranged by the Italy chapter of Awami League on Tuesday and inaugurated the Chancery Building of Bangladesh Embassy in Rome on Wednesday.
Sheikh Hasina also had an audience with Pope Francis, the spiritual leader of the Catholics of the world, at the Holy See (Vatican City) on Thursday morning.
The Prime Minister later left Rome by train for Milan on Thursday.
- Aid commitment drops by 75pc
- Banking Commission needs urgently to reduce grafts
- Satla beel repletes with red water lily
- Flourish tourism sector
- BD, Saudi FMs to discuss bilateral issues today
- Over 100 OCs allegedly involved with crimes
- Part of Dhaka Elevated Expressway to open in December 2021
- Rohingya Genocide: ICC considers holding hearings in Bangladesh
- Hasina brought country on path of development: Momen
- REPO rate slashed to 4.75pc for stock market special fund