Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday extended her greetings to the people of the country on the auspicious occasion of the Eid-ul-Azha, the second largest religious festival of the Muslims, to be celebrated here on Saturday.
“The Prime Minister in an audio message greeted people on the Eid-uL-Azha and it (the message) will be sent soon to the mobile users through their cell phones,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told.
In the message of greetings, the premier said, “AssaIamualaikum, I am Sheikh Hasina.
The holy Eid-uL-Azha once again comes to us after a year… I am extending my best wishes to you and all your family members on the occasion of the holy Eid-ul-Azha.”
She, however, expressed her hope that the Eid-ul-Azha would bring happiness to all after overcoming all the darkness of the coronavirus pandemic. The prime minister called upon all to devote themselves to the welfare of the country and its people being inspired by the spirit of sacrifice realising the essence of the Eid-ul-Azha. At the end of the message, she requested the countrymen to follow the health guidelines properly to stop further spreading of the COVID-19, saying, “Be well and safe. Eid Mubarak!”
- BTCL takes massive plans to reach telecom service to every door
- U-turns ease traffic jam in city
- BD banks in ‘extremely high’ risk: S&P
- Private sector credit growth drops
- 62.2pc tourists prefer staying in hotel amid pandemic
- Rohingya: Switzerland committed to supporting BD
- Govt full prepared to get Covid vaccine quickly
- Banks need to focus on long-term deposits
- Padma Bridge 39th span installed; 5.8km now visible
- Building tobacco-free country by 2040 looks elusive