Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has directed the authorities concerned to provide food aid to the daily wage-earners by preparing a list of those suffering from food shortage being jobless due to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
“The Prime Minister has directed to prepare a list of the people like beggars, vagabonds, day-laborers, rickshaw-van pullers, transport workers, restaurant workers, hawkers, tea-stall owners, who run their families on daily wages, and provide them with food aid,” said a notice of the Ministry
of Disaster Management and Relief dated March 29.
Signed by Senior Secretary Md Shah Kamal, the notice further said the Prime Minister has also ordered to prepare lists and provide food aid to ward based beneficiaries, including agriculture workers, under city corporations, municipalities and unions.
District commissioners (DCs) have been asked to coordinate with the prepared lists in case of food aid being provided by the affluent people, organisations and non-government organizations at the grassroots, so that repetition can be avoided and no beneficiaries left out.
- Cyclone hits Bangladesh coast in the evening
- Tk 35cr Benarasi Eid sales lost in pandemic
- Faulty tests posing risk
- Banks adopting austerity policy to adjust losses
- NEC approves ADP involving Tk 205,145 cr for new FY
- Super cyclone Amphan to sweep over BD
- This Eid should not be the last Eid :IGP
- Thousands gather at Mawa Ghat to cross Padma
- Ban on tobacco production marketing amid pandemic sought
- BD braces for Cyclone ‘Amphan’ amid pandemic