Staff Correspondent: The 11th parliamentary elections will be held on December 23 (Sunday), Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda announced in a televised address to the nation yesterday.
While addressing the nation at 7pm, the CEC urged all the political parties to participate in the general election to keep the trend of democracy and pace of development uninterrupted.
“If there remains any disagreement dispute among them, then I urge them to resolve those politically. I request everybody to demonstrate patience and respectful political behaviour to each other,” he said. He also expected a competitive election with the participation of all political parties. “I believe in a competitive election irregularities can be checked with the active participation of the supporters of candidates,” he added.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months