Staff Correspondent: The 11th parliamentary elections will be held on December 23 (Sunday), Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda announced in a televised address to the nation yesterday.
While addressing the nation at 7pm, the CEC urged all the political parties to participate in the general election to keep the trend of democracy and pace of development uninterrupted.
“If there remains any disagreement dispute among them, then I urge them to resolve those politically. I request everybody to demonstrate patience and respectful political behaviour to each other,” he said. He also expected a competitive election with the participation of all political parties. “I believe in a competitive election irregularities can be checked with the active participation of the supporters of candidates,” he added.
- Bangladesh focused on coal while globally reducing
- 8-year journey failed to smooth supply of LNG
- Bangladesh needs soft foreign loan
- Electricity price hike after election
- Single digit lending rate still only in books
- Over 3,000 bank branches established in last 10 yrs
- Banking sector is not weak
- 70pc Japanese firms in BD want to expand business
- Army to be neutral if gets duty in nat’l polls
- Income tax fair fetches Tk 1,580cr in 5 days