Staff Correspondent: The 11th parliamentary elections will be held on December 23 (Sunday), Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda announced in a televised address to the nation yesterday.
While addressing the nation at 7pm, the CEC urged all the political parties to participate in the general election to keep the trend of democracy and pace of development uninterrupted.
“If there remains any disagreement dispute among them, then I urge them to resolve those politically. I request everybody to demonstrate patience and respectful political behaviour to each other,” he said. He also expected a competitive election with the participation of all political parties. “I believe in a competitive election irregularities can be checked with the active participation of the supporters of candidates,” he added.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC