Dinajpur Correspondent: Due to the high supply of onion in the country’s market, the price has gone down from Tk 50 to Tk 40. The Indian onion importers of the Hilly land port in Dinajpur are in danger.
Demand for domestic onions is also high in the market due to low prices. Because of this, the import of Indian onions started after five and a half months, but the importers are not getting any profit.
Onion traders said that onion was sold in the retail market two days ago at Tk 50-60. It is now selling for Tk 28-30.
Buyer Abdul Malek said the onion price was easing. I bought five kg today. Onion importer Saiful Islam said the Indian onion imports started after five and a half months, but the buyers are in trouble. Thus, if the price goes down, they will have to face the loss. According to Hilli Panama Port data, two trucks imported 928 metric tons of onion from India via Hilli port in two days.
- Allow black money imposing high tax in upcoming budget
- Govt thinks most about people’s betterment: PM
- Remittance inflow grows 8.72pc amid pandemic
- BB files new case against 17 Philippine entities over 2016 cyber heist
- Average family loses 3-quarters of income in 2-month
- BD reports highest 2911 corona cases in a day; 37 more die
- VAT-free turnover limit likely to be Tk 80 lakh
- Loan-dependent budget in face of reduced revenue
- 40m tobacco users at grave risk of COVID-19
- Half of budget goes for 10 ministries