Staff Correspondent: The National Board of Revenue (NBR) collected Tk 28,303.53 crore in the first two months -July and August – of fiscal 2018-9, which is 1.53 percent higher than that period of the last fiscal.
Of the total revenue collection, Tk 9,713.64 crore was realised from import and export duties while Tk 10,986.62 crore from Value Added Tax (VAT) at local level and Tk 7,603.27 crore from income tax and travel tax, an NBR official said.
The NBR collected Tk 27,876.75 crore in the first two months of the fiscal 2017-18, the official said.
NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan said the NBR lags behind achieving the target of revenue collection in the July and August.
But, he said, it would be possible to achieve the target of revenue collection at the end of the year through ensuring better tax services to people.
The NBR has set a target of realising Tk 2,96,201 crore revenue in the current fiscal while the target was Tk 35,577 crore in July-August of the fiscal.
- Come to Bangladesh with business
- Overseas employment drops 24pc in 9-month
- 1200 garment units closed in four years
- SA Group boss Shahabuddin arrested on fraud charges
- Gas cylinders not tested in 250,000 CNG-run vehicles
- Digital security act sees 13 cases in two days
- Petrobangla seeks Tk 54b fiscal support to foot bill
- Banks allowed holding foreign loan collaterals directly
- BD to import 1.425m tonnes oil products
- Gas prices hike scrapped as LNG to be subsidised