Staff Correspondent: The National Board of Revenue (NBR) collected Tk 28,303.53 crore in the first two months -July and August – of fiscal 2018-9, which is 1.53 percent higher than that period of the last fiscal.
Of the total revenue collection, Tk 9,713.64 crore was realised from import and export duties while Tk 10,986.62 crore from Value Added Tax (VAT) at local level and Tk 7,603.27 crore from income tax and travel tax, an NBR official said.
The NBR collected Tk 27,876.75 crore in the first two months of the fiscal 2017-18, the official said.
NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan said the NBR lags behind achieving the target of revenue collection in the July and August.
But, he said, it would be possible to achieve the target of revenue collection at the end of the year through ensuring better tax services to people.
The NBR has set a target of realising Tk 2,96,201 crore revenue in the current fiscal while the target was Tk 35,577 crore in July-August of the fiscal.
- Bangladesh holds geopolitical strategic position in BRI
- ADP implementation reaches new record Tk 36,438 cr in July-Nov
- All candidates’ wealth statements under ACC scanner
- Corruption has become a national affliction: CJ
- Farakka Barrage repair work cuts Hili trade by 50 percent
- India to expand gas pipeline to Myanmar through Bangladesh
- Japan enacts law to accept foreign workers
- Bangladesh expects to receive $16 b as remittances in 2018
- Development worth Tk 20,000 b held during Awami League tenure
- China hopeful of smooth election in Bangladesh