Staff Correspondent: The National Board of Revenue (NBR) collected Tk 28,303.53 crore in the first two months -July and August – of fiscal 2018-9, which is 1.53 percent higher than that period of the last fiscal.
Of the total revenue collection, Tk 9,713.64 crore was realised from import and export duties while Tk 10,986.62 crore from Value Added Tax (VAT) at local level and Tk 7,603.27 crore from income tax and travel tax, an NBR official said.
The NBR collected Tk 27,876.75 crore in the first two months of the fiscal 2017-18, the official said.
NBR Chairman Md Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan said the NBR lags behind achieving the target of revenue collection in the July and August.
But, he said, it would be possible to achieve the target of revenue collection at the end of the year through ensuring better tax services to people.
The NBR has set a target of realising Tk 2,96,201 crore revenue in the current fiscal while the target was Tk 35,577 crore in July-August of the fiscal.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister