Industry Desk: Some Chinese assisted mega projects in Bangladesh might be affected due to outbreak of Coronavirus, said Chinese ambassador Li Jiming.
He was speaking at a programme, Dcab Talk, organised by Diplomatic Correspondent Association, Bangladesh at the National Press Club yesterday. He said, about 8,000 Chinese are working in different mega projects in Bangladesh. “About 1,000 of them, who are key personnel, went back to China during the new year season and we told them delay their departure for Bangladesh,” he said. “This might have some influence in implementing some mega projects,” he said. About bringing back 171 Bangladeshis from Hubei, he said, “China will give permission for their return.” We could not find any career which would bring them back, he said.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed