Industry Desk: Some Chinese assisted mega projects in Bangladesh might be affected due to outbreak of Coronavirus, said Chinese ambassador Li Jiming.
He was speaking at a programme, Dcab Talk, organised by Diplomatic Correspondent Association, Bangladesh at the National Press Club yesterday. He said, about 8,000 Chinese are working in different mega projects in Bangladesh. “About 1,000 of them, who are key personnel, went back to China during the new year season and we told them delay their departure for Bangladesh,” he said. “This might have some influence in implementing some mega projects,” he said. About bringing back 171 Bangladeshis from Hubei, he said, “China will give permission for their return.” We could not find any career which would bring them back, he said.
- Cry for food in houses
- PM directs providing food aid to the poor
- BB asks banks to support BD stuck abroad
- Media and govt will work closely to combat corona
- If society rots, we none can save us
- Cleaning workers may be silent carriers of COVID-19
- BB asks banks to release forex of travelers’ cards
- RMG gets good news amid corona epidemic
- Mirpur stadium can be used as hospital: BCB
- Lockdown disrupts supply chain of essential goods