Industry Desk: The average life expectancy at birth in Bangladesh climbed to 72.6 years in 2019 from 72.3 in 2018, according to the national statistical agency.
The Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics published a report on the country’s vital statistics yesterday.
The average life span of men rose to 71.1 years, up from 70.6 in 2018. Women’s life expectancy also rose by seven months to 74.2 years, noted AKM Ashraful Haque, project director of the study.
The latest figures are a continuation of the recent upward trend in life expectancy in the country. Experts believe that one of the reasons for this is the drop in infant mortality and the increase in access to treatment for complex diseases in the country.
- Papaya farming gains popularity
- Banking sector faces Tk 25,904 cr capital shortfall
- Buses to run with half of passengers during Eid
- CID collecting info on Papul
- Sayeed Chowdhury removed from One Bank for default loan
- High charges hampering investments in EPZs
- Driver and Master of Mayur-2 responsible
- Textile millers relying on African cotton
- Fresh borrowers face trouble to gain stimulus loan facility
- Former-NRBC Bank chairman Farasath Ali banned for 2yrs