Staff correspondent: The annual income of BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia is some Tk 1.52 crore, as per her affidavit submitted with the nomination paper to contest the 11th parliamentary elections from Bagura -6 constituency. Of the annual income, Tk 6,731,314 comes from rents of house/apartment/shops and others, while the rest Tk 85,09,813 from share, savings certificate/bank deposits.
Khaleda Zia has only Tk 50,300 in cash and the amount of her deposited money in banks and financial institutions is Tk 47,785,267 as per the affidavit.
The value of her jeep cars is Tk 4,865,000 and that of her electronic valuables is Tk 500,000 and furniture is Tk 260,000.
Of the immovable assets, the BNP chairperson has some eight decimals of non-arable land worth of Tk 12,300 while she is the owner of one-thirds of a Gulshan house worth Tk 100. She has a house in the cantonment and its value is Tk 5, but the cantonment house is not under her grip. Currently, Khaleda Zia is accused in 34 cases. Of the cases, appeal is now pending with the High Court in two cases while two other cases are pending with Special Judge Court and Special Tribunal.
The trial proceedings of seven cases now continue and the proceedings of the remaining cases remain postponed.
The BNP chairperson has liability in house rent of Tk 15,800,000.
Khaleda Zia mentioned ‘self-educated’ as her academic qualification in the affidavit.
- Poor FDI hinders growth
- Trade gap with China stands at $10.99 billion in FY 2018
- Interest rate falling to single digit
- Govt to provide assistance for raw jute procurement
- Taka depreciates 17 poisha against US dollar in a week
- Bangladesh to buy 50,000 tones wheat from Russia
- Austrian FM due today
- Trade gap with India stood at $7746.13m in FY2018
- PM demands richer nations’ support to tackle climate change impacts
- Wheat production slumping for climate change