Staff Correspondent: The wealth of Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal has almost doubled in past five years while his wife Lutful Tahmina Khan’s properties have increased more than seven folds.
The home minister provided the information on his and Tahmina’s wealth in the affidavit submitted with his nomination papers for election.
He is contesting for Dhaka-12 seat as the ruling Awami League candidate in the Dec 30 parliamentary polls.
Kamal became an MP for the first time after winning the 2008 elections. He was made state minister for home after his re-election in 2014 and eventually given a cabinet berth. He has wealth worth over Tk 57.22 million while his wife has around Tk 22.5 million, according to the affidavit. During the election five years ago, Kamal showed wealth of a little over Tk 31 million while Tahmina had properties to the tune of Tk 2.88 million. The minister identified
himself as a politician and social worker. Tahmina’s profession is business.
Kamal has no loans, according to his affidavit.
His annual earnings are around Tk 6.5 million while Tahmina’s are over Tk 6 million. They earn the sums from house rents, shares and savings certificates, and salaries and allowances.
The home minister owns two cars bought for Tk 4.1 million and Tk 7.8 million under the quotas for MPs.
The electronic appliances and furniture he has are worth Tk 200,000.
- Milk Vita asked to recover 4,000 acres pasture grabbed land immediately
- Hasina warns against corruption in projects
- Industrial credit declines by 10.19 pc
- Women lead in taking agent banking service
- IAEA, FAO, WHO joint team to help BD to control Aedes mosquitoes
- NBR exempts Muhith from tax on imported cars
- Old Dhaka likely to get 120,000 prepaid gas metres
- Dhaka, Delhi working on formulas to share 54 common river water
- 26 cos intent to generate Tk 1502.86 cr new fund from secondary market
- DNCC launches combing operation to tackle dengue