Staff Correspondent: Japan has shown its interest to invest in the gasoline engine car manufacturing industry in Bangladesh.
The information came today when Japanese Ambassador to Bangladesh Hiroyasu Izumi called on Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun at his office in the city, said a press release.
During the meeting, they discussed various bilateral issues, including trade and investment, technology transfer and automobile industry.
Humayun welcomed the Japanese investors in the country’s automobile industry and said Bangladesh consumers have confidence on the Japanese branded cars, including Toyota. “Japanese Honda Company has already set up factory in Bangladesh for producing Honda brand motorcycles,” he added.
Hiroyasu Izumi said there are huge opportunities to accelerate economic relations between the two friendly nations, Bangladesh and Japan.
“Both countries can make profits by taking advantages from the relations. Huge labour forces are the great opportunities for industrialization in the country,” he added.
Among others, Industries Minister M Abdul Halim and Additional Secretary of the Industries ministry Begum Parag were present at the meeting.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration