Industry Desk: Japan has said it intends to continuously support Bangladesh’s efforts for its development and prosperity, and further develop the relationship between the two countries.
“Japan, as a traditional friend of Bangladesh since its independence, hopes that Bangladesh will continue on its path of democratic development,” said Japanese Press Secretary Takeshi Osuga in a statement on Bangladesh national election outcome.
Japan welcomed that elections were held in Bangladesh with the participation of all major opposition parties following efforts made by all concerned, according to Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“On the other hand, Japan finds it regrettable that various matters of concerns arose in the election process such as the occurrence of many casualties,” the statement reads.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister