Industry Desk: Japan has said it intends to continuously support Bangladesh’s efforts for its development and prosperity, and further develop the relationship between the two countries.
“Japan, as a traditional friend of Bangladesh since its independence, hopes that Bangladesh will continue on its path of democratic development,” said Japanese Press Secretary Takeshi Osuga in a statement on Bangladesh national election outcome.
Japan welcomed that elections were held in Bangladesh with the participation of all major opposition parties following efforts made by all concerned, according to Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“On the other hand, Japan finds it regrettable that various matters of concerns arose in the election process such as the occurrence of many casualties,” the statement reads.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC