Industry Desk: Japan has said it intends to continuously support Bangladesh’s efforts for its development and prosperity, and further develop the relationship between the two countries.
“Japan, as a traditional friend of Bangladesh since its independence, hopes that Bangladesh will continue on its path of democratic development,” said Japanese Press Secretary Takeshi Osuga in a statement on Bangladesh national election outcome.
Japan welcomed that elections were held in Bangladesh with the participation of all major opposition parties following efforts made by all concerned, according to Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“On the other hand, Japan finds it regrettable that various matters of concerns arose in the election process such as the occurrence of many casualties,” the statement reads.
- NGOs impeding’ Rohingya repatriation, Says Govt
- Dhaka seeks strong global response to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Govt borrows Tk 230b from banks in 35 days
- Saudi firm looks to invest in BD’s port infrastructure
- UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution
- BTRC, NBR accounts of online advertising by telcos differ massively
- Gold set for worst week in nearly 5 months
- 90m cubic feet of gas caught in system loss
- 24,735 hajis return home
- Tanners agree to pay dues in three phases