Industry Desk: Japan has said it intends to continuously support Bangladesh’s efforts for its development and prosperity, and further develop the relationship between the two countries.
“Japan, as a traditional friend of Bangladesh since its independence, hopes that Bangladesh will continue on its path of democratic development,” said Japanese Press Secretary Takeshi Osuga in a statement on Bangladesh national election outcome.
Japan welcomed that elections were held in Bangladesh with the participation of all major opposition parties following efforts made by all concerned, according to Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“On the other hand, Japan finds it regrettable that various matters of concerns arose in the election process such as the occurrence of many casualties,” the statement reads.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months