Industry Desk: India has lifted the ban on export of all varieties of onions. The new policy will be effective from 1 January, according to a notification issued by India’s Directorate General of Foreign Trade yesterday.
Earlier in September, India banned exports of all varieties of onion to cap its rising prices in the domestic market. The decision then came as flood ruined most of India’s onion production.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed