Rajshahi Bureau: Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr Mohammad Javed Patwary yesterday said the drug-addict suspect policemen will be brought under dope test.
He was talking to newsmen after inaugurating the newly constructed police lines barrack building and barrack building for women police at Rajshahi Police Lines as the chief guest.
The six-storied barrack building will accommodate 515 policemen while the two-storied women police barrack will house 255 women police.
DIG of Police of Rajshahi Range Khurshid Hossain, RMP Commissioner Hafiz Akhter and other senior police officers were present on the occasion.
IGP Javed Patwary said the policemen will face dope test if he or she behaves abnormally or bears any other drug-addict like symptoms.
“We have been joining the recruits in police service after dope test for the first time in the country,” he said, adding that many other entities have started following practice.
He also instructed the local police authority to remain alert against drug-addiction, terrorism and extremism together with ensuring a people-friendly policing system.
- Six-point reform programme to streamline banking sector
- BD attracts record growth in FDI, trend likely to continue
- GDP growth to 10 pc in 2023-24 FY: PM
- This budget is for upper class: CPD
- Tk 5.23 tr budget placed
- New VAT system from July 1
- Foreign exchange reserve now $33 b
- Govt slashes bank borrowing target by 26pc for FY 19
- Finance Minister proposes number of reforms in banking sector
- PM places budget on behalf of finance minister