Rajshahi Bureau: Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr Mohammad Javed Patwary yesterday said the drug-addict suspect policemen will be brought under dope test.
He was talking to newsmen after inaugurating the newly constructed police lines barrack building and barrack building for women police at Rajshahi Police Lines as the chief guest.
The six-storied barrack building will accommodate 515 policemen while the two-storied women police barrack will house 255 women police.
DIG of Police of Rajshahi Range Khurshid Hossain, RMP Commissioner Hafiz Akhter and other senior police officers were present on the occasion.
IGP Javed Patwary said the policemen will face dope test if he or she behaves abnormally or bears any other drug-addict like symptoms.
“We have been joining the recruits in police service after dope test for the first time in the country,” he said, adding that many other entities have started following practice.
He also instructed the local police authority to remain alert against drug-addiction, terrorism and extremism together with ensuring a people-friendly policing system.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months