Staff Correspondent: The results of HSC and equivalent examinations will be made by evaluating 75 percent of SSC and 25 percent of JSC results, said Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni.
“The HSC results would be published by December. In this case, the results will be made by 75 percent of SSC and 25 percent of JSC results,” she made the remarks in response to a query from reporters at a virtual press conference yesterday.
Earlier, in the press conference, the Education Minister said it has been decided to evaluate the 2020 HSC exam in a different way without taking it directly. “They have passed two public examinations. The results of HSC will be determined as per the average of their JSC and SSC results,” she informed. This year’s HSC and equivalent examinations were scheduled to start on April 1, with about 1.4 million candidates expected to take part. But due to the coronavirus outbreak in the country, all educational institutions were declared shut down from March 17, as a result, the HSC and equivalent examinations were also stuck. The government has decided that the HSC results will be determined by averaging the results of the eighth-grade and SSC of these students without taking the stuck HSC and equivalent examinations as per the traditional rules.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed