Court Correspondent: The High Court yesterday imposed a status quo for two months on publishing gazette notification for implementing the recommendations of ninth wage board for journalists and employees of newspapers and news agencies.
A High Court division bench comprising Justice Obaidul Hassan and Justice Mohammad Ali passed the order after holding hearing on a writ filed by Newspapers Owners Association of Bangladesh (NOAB).
Advocate Eusuf Ali moved the writ for NOAB while Deputy Attorney General Yasmin Begum Bithi stood for the state.
- 1.5 m slam dwellers at high fire risk in city
- Prime bank MD Rahel faces case by colleague
- BB asks banks to avoid expensive vehicles, luxury decoration
- BGMEA demands 200 acres land
- Gas development fund not being properly utilised
- ACC opens inquiry against BSEC chair
- Strict supervision must to protect Meghna River
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 years
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: Razzak
- 2 more die of dengue, 1626 fresh infected