Court Correspondent: The High Court yesterday imposed a status quo for two months on publishing gazette notification for implementing the recommendations of ninth wage board for journalists and employees of newspapers and news agencies.
A High Court division bench comprising Justice Obaidul Hassan and Justice Mohammad Ali passed the order after holding hearing on a writ filed by Newspapers Owners Association of Bangladesh (NOAB).
Advocate Eusuf Ali moved the writ for NOAB while Deputy Attorney General Yasmin Begum Bithi stood for the state.
- Money laundering threatening country’s economy, security
- SME generates 80 pc of industrial employment
- Country’s forex reserve stands $31.90b
- Narayanganj to get metro link
- 166 recruitment agencies shut after Saudi abuse claims
- Deals signed to build mega fertiliser factory
- Growing mustard field raises farmers’ hope
- Govt to receive $8.5b foreign loan in FY 20
- Syndicate sucks Tk 20 cr daily as toll from transports
- Situation demands global unity against climate change: PM