Staff Correspondent: Dr. Muhammad Hasan Mahmud, Publicity and Publication Secretary of the ruling Awami League made the new information minister of the country.
He has been elected the Member of Parliament (MP) from the constituency Chittagong-7. Earlier, Mahmud was the Jatiya Sangsad member during 2008-2014.
However, during 1996-2001, Mahmud served as the political and parliamentary affairs adviser to the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Later, he was appointed as the state minister for foreign affairs in January 2009 in Sheikh Hessian’s cabinet but 6 months later he was moved to the position of state minister for environment and forests. In November 2011, he was promoted to the full minister of environment and forest and served the position until the end of 2013.
Dr Hasan Mahmud was born on June 5, 1963 at Rangunia upazila in Chittagong. He completed his BSc Honours and Masters in Chemistry from Chittagong University (CU) in 1987 and 1989 respectively. The minister obtained his higher degree on international politics from Geneva in 1996. He did another post-graduation in Environmental Science from Breeze University of Brussels in Belgium in the same year.
Dr Hasan obtained his PhD degree in Environmental Chemistry from Limburg University in the years of 2000-2001.He has been involved with politics since his student life. He was the senior vice-president of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) unit at CU in 1986 and president in 1989-90. Dr Hasan performed as the general secretary of Belgium chapter of Awami League (AL) since 1995 until he returned home in 2001.
Daily Industry family warmly welcomes the new Information Minister and wishes his sound health.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months