Staff Correspondent: The non-resident ambassador of Greece to Bangladesh Panos Kalogeropoulos has expressed his country’s keen interest to work specially in the food processing, ship-building and renewable energy sectors of Bangladesh.
The Greek ambassador, based in New Delhi, expressed the interest when he met President of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) Md Shafiul Islam Mohiuddin at the country’s apex trade body’s office on Thursday.
FBCCI Senior Vice President Sheikh Fazle Fahim, Economic and Commercial Counselor of Greece Embassy Vassilis Skronias and Acting Secretary General of FBCCI Hussain Jamil, were present, among others.
The Greek ambassador also invited the FBCCI leaders to participate in the trade fair to be held in Greece next September, said a press release.
According to the release, Greece is highly keen to boost the bilateral trade relations with Bangladesh. The meeting also emphasized on utilizing probable ways and means to expand the trade ties between the two countries.
The existing bilateral trade might be diversified by active steps of both the countries.
The FBCCI President mentioned about the role of private sector in the fast-growing development activities of Bangladesh.
“FBCCI along with its member bodies is working with the government to ensure a conducive business atmosphere in the country,” he added.
The FBCCI president also invited the Greek businessmen to visit Bangladesh to develop the bilateral trade. He also expressed interest to send an FBCCI business delegation to Greece.
- Tk 60 b foreign-funded projects not start in 9-month of FY 2019
- Only 12 PCBs offer loan at single-digit interest
- Report on BB reserve heist case on May 21
- Ensure safe work place to boost RMG: Tipu
- Financial access for women entrepreneurs to accelerate economy
- ACC detects corruption in 21 sectors of Titas Gas
- Strong backward linkage to boost economy
- BD spends over Tk3b every year to boil WASA water
- Flower business boosting economy
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Mujibnagar Day