Industry Desk: A 29 member executive committee of greater Jessore Samity, Dhaka, has been elected led by Bangladesh National Housing Authority Chairman Engr. Khandaker Akteruzzaman and Additional Secretary of the government Md. Abu Abdullah as President and General Secretary respectively for the period of 2018 and 2019.
Greater Jessore Samity Dhaka starts its Journey in 1948 with noted poet Golam Mostafa as President at Babupura, Nilkhet, Dhaka.
The newly elected executive committee members have expressed their determination to help common people of Jessore , Jhenaidah, Magura and Narail districts during their stay in Dhaka in different needs, like employment information, educational facilities, stipend for the poor students, healthcare and medical supports, government and private sector help for the rural development of the member districts.
The other elected Executives are: Bikorno Kumar Gosh, A K M Mozaffar Hossain Joarder, Nasim Anwar, Gazi Saifur Rahman, S M Mohsin Hossain, Md. Mahfuzur Rahman, S M Ferdous Alam, Sarder Md. Abdul Gaffar, Sheikh Almun Islam (Pipul), Muhd. Akhteruzzaman, Khan Zakir Hossain Dara, M A Tuhin, Tanjila Khanam, Diptimoyee Jaman, Prof. Dr. Syed Afzalul Karim, S M Tariqul Islam, Md. Shahiduzzaman, Ashraful Habib Feroz, Sheikh Md. Mizanur Rahman Bablu, Dr. Md. Ashraful Haq, Kazi Rezaul Hossain, Md. Kabiruzzaman Khan, Nashirul Islam Nashir, Dr. Ahmed Shafiqul Haider, Sharif Mostafizur Rahman, Advocate Bikash Kumar Nasker.
- Milk Vita asked to recover 4,000 acres pasture grabbed land immediately
- Hasina warns against corruption in projects
- Industrial credit declines by 10.19 pc
- Women lead in taking agent banking service
- IAEA, FAO, WHO joint team to help BD to control Aedes mosquitoes
- NBR exempts Muhith from tax on imported cars
- Old Dhaka likely to get 120,000 prepaid gas metres
- Dhaka, Delhi working on formulas to share 54 common river water
- 26 cos intent to generate Tk 1502.86 cr new fund from secondary market
- DNCC launches combing operation to tackle dengue