Savar Correspondent: State Minister for Disaster Management and Relief Dr M Enamur Rahman yesterday said the government is distributing adequate amount of rice and financial assistance among flood-affected people under Vulnerable Group Feeding (VGF) programme.
“The government has sent relief to 28 flood-affected districts and further arrangements would be taken after visiting other districts,” he said.
He was speaking as the chief guest at a reception for newly-recruited constables at Ashulia, Savar.Dhaka district’s Superintendent of Police (SP) Shah Mizan Shafiur Rahman addressed the programme as special guest with Savar Upazila Awami League president Hasina Doula in the chair. A total of 309 constables, including 29 female, recruited from Savar were accorded the reception.
- NGOs impeding’ Rohingya repatriation, Says Govt
- Dhaka seeks strong global response to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Govt borrows Tk 230b from banks in 35 days
- Saudi firm looks to invest in BD’s port infrastructure
- UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution
- BTRC, NBR accounts of online advertising by telcos differ massively
- Gold set for worst week in nearly 5 months
- 90m cubic feet of gas caught in system loss
- 24,735 hajis return home
- Tanners agree to pay dues in three phases