Staff Correspondent: Land Minister Saifuzzaman Chowdhury said the government has taken an initiative to formulate a law aiming to protect agricultural land and land use.
The minister said this while responding to a query from AL Lawmaker Shamsun Nahar in the Parliament yesterday.
Saifuzzaman said, “The government has specific plan to protect agricultural land specially cropland. To realise the plan, the land ministry has formulated the draft of ‘Agricultural Land Protection and Land Use Act-2019’ which will be sent to the cabinet division soon for approval.”
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration