Staff Correspondent: Land Minister Saifuzzaman Chowdhury said the government has taken an initiative to formulate a law aiming to protect agricultural land and land use.
The minister said this while responding to a query from AL Lawmaker Shamsun Nahar in the Parliament yesterday.
Saifuzzaman said, “The government has specific plan to protect agricultural land specially cropland. To realise the plan, the land ministry has formulated the draft of ‘Agricultural Land Protection and Land Use Act-2019’ which will be sent to the cabinet division soon for approval.”
- Use of plastic bag raises 17th times after imposing ban
- PM vows to make railway profitable
- Pvt sector credit growth hits 9-yr low in August
- Indo-Bangla relations veering towards Tripura
- BD ranks 88th on hunger index
- Power sector subsidy rose thirty times in a decade
- Hajj apps on cards
- Casinos’ black money great threat for country’s economy
- 12,000 Bangladeshi strawberry pickers face deadly risks in Greece
- PM opens Bhulta Flyover Mymensingh Banar Bridge