Staff Correspondent: The government has extended the tenure of Bangladesh Bank (BB) Governor Dr Fazle Kabir for three months, according to a circular of the Public Administration Ministry issued on Sunday. As per the circular, the government approved the contractual appointment of the governor until he reaches the age limit for retirement at 65. The extended tenure will expire on July 3 this year.
Fazle Kabir, former finance secretary, joined as the 11th Governor of the central bank on March 20, 2016.
Fazle Kabir started his professional career in 1980 in the Railway Transpotation and Commercial cadre of Bangladesh Civil Service. In 1983, he joined the BCS Administration cadre.
During his 34 years of civil service, Kabir held various key positions in different ministries and also in the field administration.
He served as the Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate of Kishoreganj district, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Director General of the National Academy for Planning and Development, Director
General of the BCS Administration Academy, Secretary at Ministry of Railways and Secretary at Finance Division of the Ministry of Finance.
- Cry for food in houses
- PM directs providing food aid to the poor
- BB asks banks to support BD stuck abroad
- Media and govt will work closely to combat corona
- If society rots, we none can save us
- Cleaning workers may be silent carriers of COVID-19
- BB asks banks to release forex of travelers’ cards
- RMG gets good news amid corona epidemic
- Mirpur stadium can be used as hospital: BCB
- Lockdown disrupts supply chain of essential goods