Staff Correspondent: Commerce Secretary Dr Md Jafor Uddin said the government will provide all sorts of assistance on a priority basis for the expansion of tea cultivation in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT).
“Farmers should come forward more to expand tea cultivation for increasing tea export,” he said while exchanging views with the stakeholders involved in the tea industry to expand small scale tea cultivation in Bandarban hill district under the project titled “Extension of Small Holding Tea Cultivation in Chittagong Hill Tracts” at Bandarban Deputy Commissioner Conference Room on Thursday, said a press release yesterday.
Acting Deputy Commissioner of Bandarban Mohammad Shafiul Alam presided over the meeting.
During the meeting, Jafor Uddin called upon all concerned to come forward for expanding tea cultivation in Bandarban hill district. He assured all concerned to continue their all-out cooperation for the expansion of tea cultivation in the district. At the end of the meeting, the secretary inaugurated the ‘Tea Sapling Planting Program in Daothan Small Tea Garden’ organized by Bangladesh Tea Board at Saron Para, Bandarban Sadar Upazila.
- PM’s gift to 34 beggars to give up begging
- Rooppur project may face delay for corona
- 13 banks still violating BB guidelines
- One-fourth of taxpayers file returns so far
- Vegetable export drops by 64.64 pc
- 3cr doses of vaccine to be given free
- ACC sending letter to Interpol to arrest PK Halder
- Big incentives, tax cuts proposed for local auto industry
- Covid slows down beverage business
- High Aman price brings smile to farmers