Staff Correspondent: Girls performed better than boys in this year’s Junior School Certificate (JSC) and Junior Dakhil Certificate (JDC) examinations.
The pass rate of female students is 88.64 percent while that of boys is 87.03 percent. A total of 45,883 girls obtained highest grade GPA-5 while the number is 32,546 in case of boys.
This year, a total of 14,06,253 girl students appeared in the examinations against 11,95,800 boys. The number of girl examinees was 210,453 higher than their male counterparts.
The results of this year’s JSC and JDC examinations were published yesterday with a pass rate 87.90 percent.
- Foreign loan of pvt sector puts pressure on economy
- Bangabandhu is the architect of independent Bangladesh
- Apan Jewellers faces allegation of smuggling gold worth Tk 190 cr
- Indian parliament blessed 50pc criminal lawmakers
- Install scanner machines at ports, stations: PM
- 120,000 addl prepaid gas metres for Dhaka on card
- Dhaka welcomes Kathmandu’s proposal to use Saidpur Airport
- Coronavirus: BD provides medical logistics to China
- Regional passport office construction project goes on snail pace
- ECNEC approves project to enhance Mongla Port’s capacity with Tk 6,014.62 crore