Staff Correspondent: Country’s foreign exchange reserve has now stood at US$ 33 billion.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal came up with the statistics while placing the national budget for 2019-20 fiscal year in Parliament.
He said the foreign exchange reserve was only US$ 3.5 billion in 2005-06 financial year and it grew 9 times to reach US$ 33 billion in the outgoing fiscal year.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration