Staff Correspondent: Country’s foreign exchange reserve has now stood at US$ 33 billion.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal came up with the statistics while placing the national budget for 2019-20 fiscal year in Parliament.
He said the foreign exchange reserve was only US$ 3.5 billion in 2005-06 financial year and it grew 9 times to reach US$ 33 billion in the outgoing fiscal year.
- Bank lockers become safe haven for ill gotten resources
- No act of injustice to be tolerated in edu institutions
- Tanneries gone but not pollution
- Job termination to hit poverty reduction rate, GDP growth
- Extreme poverty to fall below 5 percent
- Onion prices rise again in Dhaka after brief fall
- Universities will decide about banning politics on campus
- BB makes existing beneficiary apparel makers ineligible for 1pc cash incentive
- Vegetable farming rises sharply in BD
- Bangladesh reiterates commitment to protect children’s rights