Staff Correspondent: State Minister for Primary and Mass Education Zakir Hossain has said that an English version of government primary school will be launched in all districts across the country.
He made the remarks in response to a question from reporters after a function at Hotel Intercontinental in the capital yesterday.
The state minister said the government has started the process of setting up one English version government primary school in every district of the country. This process will be experimental at an early stage. Like government primary schools, students will get free education here.
He added that there are more than 66,000 government primary schools in the country. About one and a half crore students are getting a free education in these government primary schools. Along with this, a large part of the students is also studying in the English version. These schools charge an average monthly salary of Tk 1,500 to Tk 50,000. Therefore, considering everything, the government has decided to set up an English version of government primary school in each district.
- Malaysian labour market uncertain for syndicate
- ACC gets new chairman commissioner
- Graduation from LDC will create more opportunities
- Covid brought under control with united efforts: PM
- Jaishankar arrives today to deepen BD-India ties
- $58 m PPP project approves for Patenga Container terminal
- New power system master plan unlikely this year
- BD to import 550,000 mt of rice to boost stock
- Govt targets $30b annual remittance
- JS body for building satellite city in Dhaka