Staff Correspondent: The address will be aired on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda will address the nation today to announce the schedule of the 11th parliamentary election.
The CEC’s address will be aired at 7pm on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio, says a release issued by the Election Commission.
Previously, in a meeting on Monday, Jatiya Oikya Front requested the Election Commission to announce the election schedule after dialogues between the political parties and the government had ended.
In response to the request, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda on Tuesday said it would not be possible to defer the announcement of the election schedule, but the general polls could be delayed if all parties wanted to do so.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been holding dialogues with different political parties and alliances regarding the general election, which is scheduled to be held in December.
- AL allies must play role of strong opposition
- Our target to raise GDP growth to 10pc within 5-yrs: PM
- Reduced tax at source for RMG effective from Jan 3
- DNCC polls in March
- 20 still missing after boat capsize in Meghna
- Britain searches for Brexit emergency plan
- Rice, veg prices soaring
- Non-traditional markets for apparels growing
- Take stern action against corrupts
- Quality of service is key focus in 2019: BTRC