Staff Correspondent: The address will be aired on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda will address the nation today to announce the schedule of the 11th parliamentary election.
The CEC’s address will be aired at 7pm on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio, says a release issued by the Election Commission.
Previously, in a meeting on Monday, Jatiya Oikya Front requested the Election Commission to announce the election schedule after dialogues between the political parties and the government had ended.
In response to the request, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda on Tuesday said it would not be possible to defer the announcement of the election schedule, but the general polls could be delayed if all parties wanted to do so.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been holding dialogues with different political parties and alliances regarding the general election, which is scheduled to be held in December.
- Manpower export falls 24pc in last 7-month
- No poverty in future: PM
- Govt losing huge revenue for misuse of bond license
- Import-export rejuvenate after polls-time slump
- Dhaka ranks worst in Air Quality Index
- US keen to invest in BB’s maritime sector
- 74pc export through pvt banks in 2018
- Bangladesh need infrastructure to attain $5b export earnings from ICT
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- NBR gives Tk 148b tax exemption in 55 months