Staff Correspondent: The address will be aired on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda will address the nation today to announce the schedule of the 11th parliamentary election.
The CEC’s address will be aired at 7pm on Bangladesh Television and Bangladesh Radio, says a release issued by the Election Commission.
Previously, in a meeting on Monday, Jatiya Oikya Front requested the Election Commission to announce the election schedule after dialogues between the political parties and the government had ended.
In response to the request, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda on Tuesday said it would not be possible to defer the announcement of the election schedule, but the general polls could be delayed if all parties wanted to do so.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been holding dialogues with different political parties and alliances regarding the general election, which is scheduled to be held in December.
- Bangladesh focused on coal while globally reducing
- 8-year journey failed to smooth supply of LNG
- Bangladesh needs soft foreign loan
- Electricity price hike after election
- Single digit lending rate still only in books
- Over 3,000 bank branches established in last 10 yrs
- Banking sector is not weak
- 70pc Japanese firms in BD want to expand business
- Army to be neutral if gets duty in nat’l polls
- Income tax fair fetches Tk 1,580cr in 5 days