Staff Correspondent: State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid yesterday said the country’s total gas stock is 11.46 trillion cubic feet (TCF).
“With the stock of 1.006 TCF gas which was recently invented in Bhola district, country’s total gas stock now stands at 11.46 TCF till January 1, this year,” said the State Minister while responding to a query placed by opposition lawmaker M Rustam Ali Farazi of Pirojpur-3 in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The country’s total available gas is not adequate compared to its increasing demand, he said the house with
Deputy Speaker M Fazley Rabbi Mia in the chair.
He said invention and exploring of new gas field is now underway to fulfil the rising demand of gas, adding that five international oil companies are being involved solely and jointly to invent oil and gas in the seabed.
Besides, the government has taken various initiatives for attracting the investment of the foreign companies to the oil-gas exploring programme in the sea region, the state minister added.
- 1.5 m slam dwellers at high fire risk in city
- Prime bank MD Rahel faces case by colleague
- BB asks banks to avoid expensive vehicles, luxury decoration
- BGMEA demands 200 acres land
- Gas development fund not being properly utilised
- ACC opens inquiry against BSEC chair
- Strict supervision must to protect Meghna River
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 years
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: Razzak
- 2 more die of dengue, 1626 fresh infected