Staff Correspondent: State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid yesterday said the country’s total gas stock is 11.46 trillion cubic feet (TCF).
“With the stock of 1.006 TCF gas which was recently invented in Bhola district, country’s total gas stock now stands at 11.46 TCF till January 1, this year,” said the State Minister while responding to a query placed by opposition lawmaker M Rustam Ali Farazi of Pirojpur-3 in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The country’s total available gas is not adequate compared to its increasing demand, he said the house with
Deputy Speaker M Fazley Rabbi Mia in the chair.
He said invention and exploring of new gas field is now underway to fulfil the rising demand of gas, adding that five international oil companies are being involved solely and jointly to invent oil and gas in the seabed.
Besides, the government has taken various initiatives for attracting the investment of the foreign companies to the oil-gas exploring programme in the sea region, the state minister added.
- Tk 60 b foreign-funded projects not start in 9-month of FY 2019
- Only 12 PCBs offer loan at single-digit interest
- Report on BB reserve heist case on May 21
- Ensure safe work place to boost RMG: Tipu
- Financial access for women entrepreneurs to accelerate economy
- ACC detects corruption in 21 sectors of Titas Gas
- Strong backward linkage to boost economy
- BD spends over Tk3b every year to boil WASA water
- Flower business boosting economy
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu on Mujibnagar Day